Wharton Political Risk Lab
At a time of unprecedented political change, companies are struggling to manage political risk. The Wharton Political Risk Lab is undertaking a program of activity that explores the relationship between political risk, corporate performance, and political risk management. Our mission is to help organizations translate political uncertainty and transformation into strategies that create, preserve and realize value.
At the frontier of big data and conflict analysis, The Business & Conflict Barometer dramatically lowers the barriers for interested parties to explore and gain an understanding of the dynamics of the private sector, conflict, and peaceful development in Africa at the granular level of companies, locations, sectors, or contexts: for research; for policy, project, or investment planning; for due diligence; and for monitoring and evaluation.
Gold Mine Studies
- Witold Henisz, Sinziana Dorobantu, Lite Nartey (2014), Spinning Gold: The Financial and Operational Returns to External Stakeholder Engagement, Strategic Management Journal, 35 (12), pp. 1727-1748. 10.1002/smj.2180
- Sinziana Dorobantu, Witold Henisz, Lite Nartey (2017), Not All Sparks Light a Fire: Stakeholder and Shareholder Reactions to Critical Events in Contested Markets, Administrative Science Quarterly, 62 (3), pp. 561-597.
- Lite Nartey, Witold Henisz, Sinziana Dorobantu (2018), Status Climbing Versus Bridging: Multinational Stakeholder Engagement Strategies, Strategy Science, 3 (2), pp. 367-392.
- Lite Nartey, Sinziana Dorobantu, Witold Henisz, A Participatory Approach to Stakeholder Engagement: Defining a Hierarchy of Strategic Action.
- Sinziana Dorobantu, Witold Henisz, Lite Nartey, Proactive Stakeholder Engagement and Stakeholder Preferences for Firm Investments.
International and National Conflict
- Datasets developed by academics
- Datasets developed by IGOs
- Datasets developed by national governments
- Datasets developed by civil society organizations
- Datasets developed by private sector
- Economic Policy Uncertainty Indexes
- Global Trade Alert
- Comparative (Policy) Agendas Project
- USA Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Cases
- International Arbitration Cases
- European Commission merger cases
- OECD Watch
Political Risk Lab Blog
How to manage political risk in a post-pandemic world by Mary Cline, Jon Shames, and Courtney Rickert McCaffrey
Witold Henisz, Dhruv Malhotra, Robin Nuttal, A new measure to assess companies’ external engagement in London School of Economics Blog.
Subscribe to the Political Risk Lab email updates.
Witold Henisz, Deloitte & Touche Professor of Management in Honor of Russell E. Palmer, former Managing Partner, is the faculty member responsible for leading the Political Risk Lab.
Witold Henisz, Deloitte & Touche Professor of Management in Honor of Russell E. Palmer, is the faculty member responsible for leading the Political Risk Lab. Please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay in touch by signing up for updates: